January 2, 2011

Studio Tour Sunday

In the last week I took some holiday time off from the studio and did some traveling.  It was great to get away for a bit to collect my thoughts and plans for new creative endeavors for the new year.  One of my favorite things to do is go to antique stores and let myself get inspired while finding new things to add to my artworks.  It is my favorite kind of art supply resource!  We went to two large antique stores over the holiday, both in Ohio.
Alex was in tool heaven in this booth!  Piles of old tools, neatly arranged and reasonably priced.  I found a cool texturing hammer that I am eager to try out!  I also found a neat old measuring tape which will surely show up in my work soon.

When we returned home from our trip, I couldn't wait to get to work in the studio.  As you may remember from last week's picture, the studio was a mess, so I took a day to clean it up a little bit so I could at least access my desk.  I started right up on some resin work, glazing some old keys and washers with pretty shimmering colors of resin for some new work. This is something fun and new that I am really excited about!
Today I have shown you what has been going on in my studio, now check out these other stops on the Sunday Studio Tour:
 
A Bead A Day
Happy New Year! Lisa is giving away a copy of her book to celebrate the new year! 
 
Art Bead Scene
Art Bead Scene reviews the different options for accepting payment. 
 
Beading Arts
Cyndi has finished her last Bead Journal Project piece for the year. Yay!! 
 
Beads & Books
Michelle shares the 10 most memorable blog posts she read in 2010. 
 
Cindy Gimbrone, The Lampwork Diva
Cindy re-reads her KISS post before planning for 2011.
 
  Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie reviews a wonderful book about making chain. 
 
  Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean gives a shout out for a fab class she took at Beaducation online, which as you will see, will revv up your urge to bead and have FUN!--Happy New Year! 
 
The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Two publications from Interweave Press have hit the stands and Andrew suggests you check them out!  
 

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. Loving that resin-y key thing you have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, thanks! I am working on getting them photographed for etsy now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great stuff! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete