January 23, 2011

Studio Tour Sunday: Full of Heart


  I was a pretty active blogger this past week, so you have seen most of what I have been up to.  Although, in addition to those things, I have also been up to my ears in heart pendants!  Valentine's day is on the way and I am feeling the love, that's for sure!  I have had to make bunches of the Everlasting Heartfire pendants for wholesale orders, I started making more of the crackle hearts above (get them in the Etsy shop), and have finally fine tuned the glazes for the Lock and Key hearts and got them listed on the website.  I have had a lot of sales in the Etsy shops so the upcoming week will be full of shipping.  I am also on quite a roll of stocking the website and am loving getting orders from it that I can pull from stock instead of making to order. Why didn't I do this sooner!? I plan to photograph a bunch of little sale bundles filled with odds and ends, so look for news about that soon, too.

That's what has been going on in my studio... Check out what has been going on in some of my blogger friends' studios:
A Bead A Day
Lisa's experimenting with alphabet stamps in wood. Please stop by to share your experiences with metal, wood or polymer clay stamping. 
 
About.com Jewelry Making
What do you get when you combine yarn, crystals, and metal? A very cool double strand bracelet! 
 
Beading Arts
Beaded objects don't always have to be wearable. How about some beaded postcards? 
 
Beads & Books
If you make a mistake with a piece of jewelry, do you throw it out, start over, or try to fix it? Michelle shares a mistake she made trying to create a pendant using copper, ink, and a gloss sealant. 
 
Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi creates a special set of felted brooches for a Canadian company. 
 
Cindy Gimbrone Beads
Cindy shares a surprise she received during the holidays. 
 
Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Ceramic pendants with cut-out holes receive a sparkly window treatment in this project using resin from Lima Studios 
 
Katie's Beading Blog
A simple idea for keeping the inspiration flowing. 
 
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Using lovely design elements from Artbeads, Jean creates an evocative pair of winter earrings which remind her of seasons long past... 
 
The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
This week one lucky winner will take home a beaded brooch by Cenya AND score some Soft Flex flexible beading wire!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. I do love your hearts...especially the soft colored crackle one.

    ReplyDelete