January 8, 2011

Response Saturday: Shimmery Washers

 As you may have seen in my posts earlier this week, I have been experimenting with tinting resin and adding shimmery visual textures with various powders and applying the resin to old hardware.  I started with old flat keys and love them!  Each resin is so different from the next, as I add more colorants after coating each item.  I decided I should use the same color of resin and apply it to an old rusty washer so each key would have an accent piece that matched.  I think these would be great toggle clasps or would work as links.  I already designed a necklace using the keys and washers, but it is for a magazine, so it has to be secret for now.  I will definitely continue this exploration... as soon as I get some more little measuring cups for resin this week!


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

7 comments:

  1. these are so pretty, & they really do look like they are enameled. Are you using Ice resin? (I have a starter syringe I haven't used yet & worry I won't have enough 'projects' once I open it!)I think that green is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty and I can't hardly believe these were once plain old washers I wouldn't normally look twice at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really nice. I thought they were enameled. Love the colors.

    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Yes, I am using Ice Resin. I really like it and find it easy to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally thought you were enameling these! What a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing, Melanie!
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete