January 27, 2011

Lumber and Bricks Bracelet and Lima Beads News

 Here is a bracelet design that came out of one of yesterday's Bead Table Wednesday piles.  I created it for the launch of my toggle clasps on the Lima Beads site today.  All of the supplies I used can be found there!  I am absolutely in love with those extra large textured gunmetal jump rings.  I have only seen those at Lima.  I am a little bit of a jump ring snob/junkie. Anyway, I wrote this little blurb about the bracelet:
 I was inspired by the color of the toggle clasp and I wanted to make a wide band bracelet. The pressed square beads worked perfectly with the spacer bars to give the bracelet width and flexibility. The mottled colors of the glass remind me of a brick walkway with the lumber inspired toggle and dark metal jump rings reminding me of a garden gate... maybe the walkway of some lush garden or quaint vacation spot.
 I posted this piece in the Lima Design Gallery.  I have my own page of designs there.  I had no idea they had such an amazing community of beaders there until one of my contacts suggested I upload a few designs.  Wow, I got a really nice warm welcoming!  Looks like a great place to chat with other beaders and share designs and ideas.
Check out Lima Beads for a whole line of Earthenwood toggles and components!


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment: