January 14, 2011

Everlasting Heartfire

 The Everlasting Heartfire pendant was one of my most popular designs this holiday season!  I sold many of them as loose pendants and more as necklaces with the heart attached to a simple chain as a quick and inexpensive holiday gift.  I have been wanting to string one into a more elaborate design, and the addition to the round Heartfire link to my bead line gave me extra incentive.  I was thinking of offering the above necklace as a kit...anyone interested?
 While I was glazing up the samples of the link, I played around with some new glaze applications to the heart, like the one above.  It would be a little too hard to reproduce, so I have this set as a one of a kind listing on Etsy.
But I did settle on a new color for the heart called Gothic Red.  The addition of a black glaze into the crevasses makes the Candy Red glaze application have extra depth and darkness.  So now I have 4 colors in the Heartfire pendants and links and I have them all in stock on the website.



Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

5 comments:

  1. Man, that is pretty! I love when you show the different glazes. So many different options! And that necklace is one that I would wear in a heartbeat (pun intended!)
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gothic red is beautiful!

    By the way, the necklace I posted last week with one of your spiky hearts already sold! <3 I'm about to mail it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hearts. I would definately be interested in a kit.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the necklace..the pendant is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found this site. Love the idea of the "kit". Would be very interested!

    ReplyDelete