January 24, 2011

Earthenwood Design Team Update!

Wow, the Earthenwood Design Team has been busy this week!  The repeating theme appears to have been bracelets.  Today I have three bracelets to show you, and it is amazing how different each one is, considering they all have the same distinctive handmade toggle clasp and links.  First, above, is Lori Anderson's bracelet from her blog Pretty Things.  She paired the Lumber components with some great aqua beads that have such a great contrast to the earthiness of the ceramic.  I also like the cool wirework on the wooden bead that Lori did. Click on her link above to read about this piece and another great piece she made with one of my house pendants that challenged her usual color palette.

Next up, Erin Prais-Hintz at Tesori Trovati Jewelry - Treasures Found made this gorgeous bracelet full of wire wraps and really cool textures.  I love Erin's story behind the inspiration for this piece and the way she brought that story into the design of the bracelet.  I think the way she used the cording to make her own components is really unique and creative!  Erin also made another necklace, which you can see in the post in the link above.  It uses one of the new charms from an exciting line she is planning to launch.


Finally, Denise Yezbak Moore created this wonderful bracelet. This design has the same contrasting aqua color as Lori's bracelet, but just one bold pop of the color in the form of the egg charm.  Also, there is the texture of the knotted cord, which is similar to what Erin used.  But even with both of these similarities, this bracelet is so unique.


Thanks to Lori, Erin, and Denise for these great designs!  Check back next week for another Design Team update.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. Funny, but I never noticed the similarities when I was looking at theirs! I love that! We are all on the same wavelength it would seem! I think that the components that you gifted us were so wonderful to work with and showed that so many different styles can blend with it. This was fun!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last one because it reminds me of flotsom and a buoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. while a lot of blue isn't my fave, I really do like Lori's.I also fell in love w/ the beads the DYM added to hers, the fiber is what makes the second one, for me. (ok you caught me, they are all my fave for something different, like a class full of kids!!)

    ReplyDelete