January 17, 2011

Earthenwood Design Team Update!

I've got a great Design Team update for you today!  Since last week, I sent my beads out to the team members, and several of them have already made amazing things with them!  Above, Lorelei Eurto made a gorgeous necklace using a Marsha Neal owl focal and my Lumber toggle and round links.  I love the soft colors of the stones, the rough twig piece, and the texture of the wire wraps that Lorelei used to create this one! 
Above, another great necklace designed by Lauren of Laurel Moon Jewelry & Beads! I love the way she used the toggle as the center like a pendant.  Look at all those wire wraps! I really enjoyed reading her thoughts on the design process, which she wrote about on her blog.

Last but not least, Erin Siegel created this luscious Treehouse bracelet using the same components.  What a great use of waxed linen cord and glass leaf drop beads, and I love the way the real wood beads show off the woodgrain look of my ceramic parts.

The thing I love most is how very different these three designers used the same parts!  I hope you will play along with the challenge... I would love to see what YOU make with my components, too!  To give you a little incentive to play along, I am having a Cabin Fever sale on Lumber themed components on my website!  I have the whole line marked down 25% until the end of the month.  Click here for the Cabin Fever sale!


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. I love that they each created something so very different but each so very beautiful. I hope to be part of the design team someday.
    Shannon C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love them all! Lorelei's pretty owl with those yummy candy-colored beads... Lauren with the beautifully wire-wrapped links and the toggle as the focal... and Erin's with the leaves like peeking through the tree... all superb! I have been working on a few pieces as well for mine... Thank you for having this great Design Team. I look forward to the rest of the members submissions.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for including me in this month's design team! I enjoyed it so much and I'm so very glad to have taken this challenge. It was really a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete