January 13, 2011

Dwelling

 I am feeling rather melancholy and distracted today.  Some of my friends are going through some really rough times and I feel helpless about it.  I was feeling out of it already, with a bit of a sore back, before I learned their news.  They are deep in my thoughts today.
 I spent some quiet time this morning working on these new Hinged Pendants and a few other pieces of jewelry, and busied myself with some photography and editing.  I have been quietly sanding beads for the last few hours, just working and thinking.
I have done all I can do for now.  Offered my help and lent a listening ear.  Still, it is hard not to be moved when others are experiencing hardship.  I am going to help my friends mourn, but I am also going to try to take this time to think about the many wonderful things that I have in my life.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Your keys look like angels. Keys with hinged wings - that's an uplifting symbol. I hope all is well soon for you and your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the sadness Miss Melanie. I think that channeling that energy into a positive activity is a good place to start. And you know that I am in love with these pieces. Thank you for sharing them. Hope your heart is not too heavy for too long.
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete