January 26, 2011

Bead Table Wednesday

 Here is one of my pictures for Bead Table Wednesday.  A partially constructed necklace made with a wooden door pendant and lumber link, some cute little square brick beads, seed beads, and one of the brand new toggles from Tierracast's new line.  I have been eagerly awaiting these and am finally starting to see them pop up in the stores, so I jumped at the first chance to try them out.
The door pendant reminds me a bit of my hall closet door, which I discovered a couple of weeks ago had become home to carpenter ants.  I had trouble with the ants in the summer and thought I got rid of them, but they came back right after New Years.  Once we discovered the ants were IN the door, we took that thing off the hinges and took it outside so fast!  It got propped against the house under a gutter and it has been really interesting to watch as the ice takes over the mirror and drips off of the doorknob.

Here is the finished necklace!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I must try those new clasps....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Melanie! What a great inspiration too.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete