January 19, 2011

Bead Table Wednesday

 oops, I almost forgot about Bead Table Wednesday!  I was so overwhelmed with my tax rant this morning!  I managed to finish my tax stuff and did some errands and then I spent a couple of hours playing around in the studio.  I did make a few things, but it didn't feel like a terribly successful session.  I learned things and found what didn't work, so that's something.
 I was playing with cutting windows out of brass pieces, painting brass, doming, and cold connecting. The hammering wasn't giving me the textures i was hoping for, so I might need to get into some stamps soon.
Oh, and I also played around with my newer camera.  I bought it for the Bead Cruise last year and intended for it to be the camera I carry around to events, but I really don't do that.  I use my Ipod for that.  I realized that if I end up getting a new laptop... a Mac... I will not be able to use the ancient camera that I use right now for my bead pics, so I better get used to this new one.  I am pretty pleased with the pic above, so I know it is possible...I just have to play around and remember how I did it!
 
Anyway, that's what is on my bead table today.  Check out the BTW Flickr group to see what everyone else is working on!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. Love that pendant! I will be posting my entry for January soon... I hope you like it!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete