December 3, 2010

Words at my Fingertips

 I am a little in love with these simple and cute new rings I made as stocking stuffers for the show this weekend!  I pulled out the word stamps that I made years ago and made up these little flat pebbles with some of my favorite words.
  I didn't have a plan for the glazing until I got a special request for something totally different which also involved the word stamps.  I thought I would try the pewter glaze brushed into the words and then wiped away and then a transparent colored glaze over that.


I ended up with these great adjustable rings in lots of colors which are unified by the dark letters.  This technique takes a lot longer than glazing with a single transparent color, but the results were always so varied with the colors, so this is a good solution!  I will be listing these on Etsy next week after my show...

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. I love these! Do you have any that say dance? I definitely need a dance ring :) I hope they're a BIG hit at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ, I don't have any in stock with "dance" on them, but I can make one! Got a color preference?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, green please! Any green will do, whichever one you feel like working in. There's not a green I don't like :)

    ReplyDelete