December 15, 2010

Woodland Treasures

 This is a recent series that sprouted up in the middle of my last craft fair. On the second day of the show, having sold out of one popular style, I brought along these pretty copper leaf sprig centerpieces and strung them up with the handful of little Terra Trinket charms that I had on hand.  They were just as popular as the sold out item that I was replacing, I am pleased to say!
 I noticed that this particular audience appreciated the cute, earthy nature themes that I had in my booth, which has me excited to return to that style next year.  I got many new ideas for jewelry and display and it feels good to come back to natural motifs after working with the industrial and steampunk themes I have been focused on for the past couple of years.  It has almost been like they have been two separate interests (the industrial and the natural themes).  Perhaps I will seek a way to combine them in future works.

I call the series Woodland Treasures and have listed several of the Sweet Sprig necklaces and related items in the Earthenwood Etsy Galleria.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely pieces! I especially like the first one. I have that same nature/industrial division in my printmaking--I think you could do some really neat stuff by combining the two in your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first piece at the top!! and then the bird is sweet too. I agree that today's crowds at the fairs are more interested in the nature inspired even here in Las Vegas. nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think The Watchmaker's Apprentice could be a good jumping-off point for combining natural elements and steampunk/industrial elements! And the escutcheons with more natural finishes and designs, like the one I have that is brown-green with a floral pattern.

    ReplyDelete