December 24, 2010

Snowy Greetings

I recently had a little time to play with resin again, which I really love to do. This time I used resin that the folks at Lima Beads* sent me, which worked really well. I had a couple of very wintery vintage christmas greeting cards that I bought in antique stores over the year and I cut them into pretty little circles and layered them onto the Vintaj pendant frames with some additional brass charms and accents.  I added some PearlEx powder to the resin to add an iridescent green shimmer.  I still haven't figured out how to photograph the resin to show all the details that pendants like these have, but they are really quite lovely.  The Pearl Ex powders have been really fun to play with, bringing an additional depth to the resin work. These pendants have a very pearly, snowy feel to them with a little bit of green bursting through, like snow on evergreen.
 
*FTC compliance disclosure: the book mentioned in this post was provided as a promotional gift for review or design purposes from Lima Beads

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment