December 20, 2010

Glass Beads from Auntie's Beads

 I have been a bit behind on blogging about some amazing new products I have received in the last couple of months, so I will try to focus on those items this week.  This month, I received some gorgeous pearly Glass Beads from the folks at Auntie's Beads! My eyes widened like a kid on Christmas morning when I opened the box and saw these beauties!  They are big pearls, and the quality of the pearl finish is very fine.  I received these items*:



 In November, Auntie's Beads sent me these great assortments of glass seed beads*, which I couldn't even touch during the busy month, sadly.  The colors are wonderful autumn tones, which I love all year round, so I know I will make great use of these when I have more time to spend on beading.


I ended up using the 10mm Evergreen Glass Pearls and the 6/0 Matte Dark Bronze seed beads to create this necklace, which is what I wore during my Flea Market Finds segment on the Beads, Baubles, and Jewels filming. The centerpiece is a vintage poker piece with an antique greeting card image which is coated in Ice Resin.  The image is a dove holding a banner that reads "may true friends be around you".  There is a little brass evergreen sprig attached to the bottom with a micro fastened, which I think ties the pendant to the clasp colors visually.

I also used the larger pearls to make a holiday ornament design, which I posted on Saturday. 
 
*FTC compliance disclosure: the '*' items mentioned in this post credited to Auntie's Beads were provided as a promotional gift for review or design purposes.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment