December 22, 2010

Frozen Windows

Here is a detail of one of the necklaces I made for Beads, Baubles, and Jewels as a display sample.  It's called Frozen Windows and it is made from green Apoxie resin clay which was painted with silver paint after curing.  There is also some copper resin clay in the details, under the machine screws and an old key held in place by the clay.  I poured some blue tinted Ice resin into the cut out windows, so they look like frosted glass.  It is a really nice effect!

I am posting this because I did more experiments with resin in cut out windows last night, this time using some of my porcelain components.  I love the way they turned out and when they have cured, I will photograph them and post them.  I wanted to make a visual note here because I want to make more window pendants to do more of these experiments!  Maybe I can finally develop that line of bezel frames I have been wanting to make...

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Yea for bezels! I love this. I could see little faces peeking out of those windows. Charming!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. May have to get my hands on this resin clay.

    ReplyDelete