November 13, 2010

Song Lore Saturday: Dinosaur Tears

Today's Song Lore inspiration is DINOSAURS!  rawr!  It all started a week or so ago when I went to a thrift store and found these great plastic dinosaur molds.  There was a whole bag of them, two sided, for use with plasticine or maybe other kid's clay materials.  I loved the textures and brought them home to play with them.

The important thing to me was to not use the entire mold.  They were too big, for one thing, and I think the textures are more interesting when there is just a peek of them.  I like that they are barely recognizable as dinosaurs anymore.

I started looking for a dinosaur themed song to inspire me while I played with the new molds, and I found this song called "Dinosaur Tears" bu Molly Nilsson.  I had never heard of the song or the artist before, but I find the video quite charming.  And I felt a teardrop shape would be perfect for pressing into the molds.  Thus, Dino Tears were born! 



Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

5 comments:

  1. Very Cool! I love those textures… You never know what you will find! Good eye girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cool - fantastic textures

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual Melanie, you are brilliant! Always thinking outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the same molds at a garage sale and snagged them for $1.00 Using them next week for a little girl's clay birthday party... They would love the dinosaur tear necklace idea!

    ReplyDelete