November 7, 2010

Postcards and Treasures and Extra Links

 Here are pictures of some more treasures I found at an antique show last weekend.  I didn't find much, the show was made up of all the things I don't like about antique shows and stores.  Mostly high end glassware and ceramic and china dishes and silverware and lots of costume jewelry.  But one of the last booths we saw had a bunch of postcards and buttons and little items, so I picked up these things.

I am in love with these leather postcards!  I bought them to cut them into strips and add to something, maybe a leather cuff bracelet, maybe with eyelets?  Lots of possibilities here.


I also love these Dutch-American postcards, too.  They are so colorful and I love the Dutch sayings on them.  So very cute!  I will be going to another antique mall for my birthday, so I hope to find even more treasures!

Here are this week's Extra Links:

A Bead A Day
Are you getting ready to make holiday jewelry? It's time to start searching the bead stash for holiday bling to use in gift making! 
 
About.com Jewelry Making
Tammy is catching up on her book reviews. Take a look as some of her latest .  

Art Bead Scene
Make a lovely autumn wreath with this Art Bead Scene free project!
 
Beading Arts
Cyndi has a SIGNED copy of the wonderful new book "30-Minute Necklaces" to give away! 
 
Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi makes some Peter Rabbit clay pendants using new rubber stamps. 
 
Cindy Gimbrone, The Lampwork Diva
This week's Mad for Monday is all about the lotus. 
 
Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Inspired by bones, Melanie experiments with some resin clays and silver noodle beads to create some boney, buggy pendants 
 
The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Indian Creek Studios has generously donated some rustic ceramic pieces to be featured in this week's Thursday Giveaway! Find out how you can win these beauties!  


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. great finds! Are those keys in top photo? Do you know what for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leather postcards are really unique. Never seen anything like them. Like your idea of a cuff. There are not a lot of good antique places in Las Vegas, but I went to Old Downtown with a friend on Friday and bought two wooden carved chair legs for display use in a upolstery shop and 3 styrofoam heads at the best costume shop in Old Las Vegas. It would be really funny if I could attach the heads to the legs. Alas, I have no ankle jewelry to sell. . . LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. ArtSnark, yes they are keys, but I don't know what for. They all came from the same place. I like them!

    Chocholic, LOL that's funny! Sounds like a good time!

    ReplyDelete