November 23, 2010

New Decorations for the Living Room

In the rush to get the house cleaned for the home show, I added a few decorative touches to the living room that I have been excited about!
I found these pieces at the Royal Oak Farmers Market/ Antique Flea Market a couple of months ago.  This piece on top is some old decorated tin from a building ceiling.  The artist takes the old building materials, reforms them and repaints them to create these great new pieces.  I have been back a couple of times to get pieces for my living room and bedroom!
Jeremy helped me put this one above the fireplace.  I love it!  Soon, I will get out the Christmas stockings and hang them up!  I need something new for the mantle, too.  Maybe I will do a seasonal display and change it up every few months!
I also found two of these shelves made from old doors.  I picked the first one up and then found the second one a month or so later.  I love them!  At the big antique mall in Ohio, I found some antique doorknobs to finish them off.  Alex put the doorknobs on and Jeremy hung them above the couch. 

Zoey thinks they are cozy!  I am not sure what to put on them, but I am thinking of finding a few cool antiques, or maybe changing it up just like the fireplace.  I feel like my living room is finally complete!  Finally, after 10 years, I have some artwork hanging above the couch, lol.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment