November 21, 2010

Home Studio Show Wrap Up and Extra Links

 Here are a few pics I took from my home show.  I had a good turn out and a great time!  I will definitely do it again next year and will be sure to promote it earlier and maybe have it last two days long. I might even have another mini sale night in December, if I find there is enough interest from people who missed this weekend's event...
My dining room transformed pretty easily into a fancy jewelry and bead boutique!  I used the shelves that usually display my Yixing teapots to hold necklace displays and my kitchen table and slate shipping table to hold bead and more jewelry displays.
Jeremy put up a shelf I bought for the room and I filled it up with more displays.  It will be used to hold my wine glasses or some kitchen items now that the show is over, but I am pleased to know how easily I can transform the room again for another show!
I set up a little table in the living room for my gifts and ornaments.  I don't know where they all came from!  I kept unearthing boxes from the basement from all my years of Potters Markets.  I'll be putting these up on Etsy soon.

  I also had a table full of gift tiles, which sold well.  These will go on Etsy, too.  Soon!  I will be photographing and listing all week in order to have some special sales and full Etsy shops for Thanksgiving shopping.

Sadly, I missed a Song Lore Saturday in all this madness.  Hopefully I can make up for it this week or double up over next weekend.  I knew the end of the year would be hard to keep up with the project.  I feel rather relieved now that the home show is done.  I think the rest of the year will be easier than past years, work wise, because of the changes I have made in my schedule.  This makes me happy!  I want to enjoy the holidays this year with my friends and family.

Here are this week's Extra Links:
 
A Bead A Day
In celebration of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, Lisa is collecting stories and photos of the gifts of jewelry we make and give to show our thanks to others. 
  
About.com Jewelry Making
Tammy tackles the never ending question about soldering irons and making jewelry. 
 
Art Bead Scene
Take a Trip into the Woods via ABS's Friday Picks! 
 
Beading Arts
Cyndi currently has TWO fabulous giveaways going on: Acculon beading wire and a Murano glass pendant! 
 
Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi has a cute little felt ring project to share this week. 
 
Cindy Gimbrone, The Lampwork Diva
This week, Cindy's mad for "snow globe-ish" jewelry! 
 
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean has an amazing, don't miss, book giveaway! All you have to do is leave a comment on her blog and you might becme the winner of Lark's completely stunning 500 Plastics Jewelry Designs--what a marvel of a book!  
 
The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Take a tour of Africa through its beads! Win a $75 gift certificate to The BeadChest in this week's Thursday Giveaway!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

6 comments:

  1. Your displays are very professional and very very nice!! As are all your products. How are you doing with selling some with ribbon instead of chain. I am doing better with the chain lately. Wonder if that is a growing trend?? Either way, I am planning on a doing about 45 percent with ribbon on my March show next year. Again, Love your work and great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on show- the teapot display shelves look fab with your pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your home show displays work! I think I want to try doing one of these next year... things are too chaotic to pull one off on such short notice for this year, but if I start planning now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salzanos,
    looks like I never finished my ribbon items, but the thin chains have been working out well. I am using a lot of metal filigree, so it goes well with that.

    ArtSnark, Thanks! It was quite an epiphany when I thought to use them for necklaces. I think I am going to leave them up until after Xmas, in case I want to have some drop-in sales calls!

    AJ, Yeah, that happened to me every year. I have been wanting to do this show for about a decade. I am so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I love your use of the teapot shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your displays! You know I collect teapots and I never thought to put them up on little shelves like that. I just took over a china cabinet. The bottom holds all my teas and then the top teapots and cups.

    ReplyDelete