November 8, 2010

Fairy Tale Birthday

 Guess what!  It's my birthday!  I am writing this from the past, because I have planned a fun couple of days for a birthday trip with my sweetie, having an adventurous two days of strolling around a huge antique mall, having a couple of fine meals, hot tubbing and a hotel stay.  Fun birthday times!

 I wanted to share a new necklace design I made. It started with these oval copper links (Antique Copper Pewter Lined Oval Connector/Link, 12x18mm*) by Auntie's Beads. I love the woodsy quality they have and I like how they go with my little lumber links.  I added some gorgeous dark gunmetal chain and findings to contrast with the brown and copper, and then added a red pendant, charm, and beads for a pop of color.  The theme behind this necklace is Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, with the mystical little red door, the apple, the lock and key, and the woodland elements.  I think it is a fun design with a subtle hint of a fairy tale...

*FTC compliance disclosure: the '*' items mentioned in this post credited to Auntie's Beads were provided as a promotional gift for review or design purposes.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY..hope you have tons of fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! It sounds like your Hubby planned a wonderful birthday trip. I can't wait to see what wonderful things you bring home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you've got lots of fun adventures today. Enjoy it completely and thoroughly. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Hope you're having a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy day, Miss Melanie! Wishing you miles of smiles and laughter. Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy Birthday Melanie!! Have a wonderful time on your trip...it sounds fabulous...enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete