November 9, 2010

Art Bead Artistry: Autumn Color Challenge part one

 A month or so ago, I received some wonderful items from ArtBeads as part of their blogger program.  The challenge was to use the Pantone Fall 2010 guide as color inspiration and shop from ArtBeads online catalog for items to make Autumn inspired jewelry.  I chose a variety of things and worked on two projects.  Today I will show you the project I created using Gemstone Beads from the catalog.
 From the Pantone list, I chose the colors Lagoon and a combination of Endive and Woodbine for this creation.  From ArtBeads, I selected Jade Oval Bead Strand* and 6x8mm Stabilized Chinese Turquoise Ovals* and combined them with some antique brass findings and my own green based pendant, leaf and acorn charms, and disk beads.  I like the asymmetry and the cluster effect on the side of the necklace and the way all the greens and aqua tones work together.

I think this still has an autumn feel to it, even though I think it could be spring-like too.  I was trying to branch out into colors beyond the browns and rusts that I usually use for fall designs.  Next blog post, I will show you even more color with a fun experiment I did using some more items from ArtBeads!
 
 *FTC compliance disclosure: the '*' items mentioned in this post credited to Art Beads were provided as a promotional gift for review or design purposes.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece! I love the colors and theme :) I ordered so many items I am still trying to design with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation. Love the color selection and findings

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to see a design for autumn that reaches beyond the traditional brown , orange, red theme. A lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly love the color combo - and think that necklace is infinitely wearable. Sometimes you see gorgeous creations that would not wear well, you know? That is great. Love the asymmetry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That necklace is just sooooo lovely!
    My favorite colors. Be Blessed


    SandysColoringBox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete