October 16, 2010

Song Lore Saturday: Naive Melody (This Must Be The Place)

 I was looking at the calendar and realized that there are only 12 more Saturdays until the end of the year!  The Song Lore project seemed so big when I started but now I feel like I need to really focus on 12 songs that mean a lot to me to finish out the year.  Some songs are so dear to me, it can be overwhelming and hard to focus on the imagery.  Today's song, "Naive Melody: This Must Be The Place" is one of those songs.  I ended up probably using too many symbols and images, but I think it created some interesting textures, so I am pleased.  I went with wings, time, and home as the major symbols, all mashed up into some simple forms.  I like the squares the best.
"Hey, I got plenty of time
Hey, you got light in your eyes
And you're standing here beside me
Out of the passing of time
Never for money, always for love
Cover up and say goodnight, say goodnight

Home is where I want to be
But I guess I'm already there
I come home, she lifted up her wings
I guess that this must be the place
I can't tell one from another
Did I find you, or you find me?
There was a time before we were born
If someone asks, this where I'll be, where I'll be"

ooh!  Bonus video time!  As I was making these, I was reminded of another Talking Heads song, or more to the point... the video for "And She Was".  I love the imagery of this video, with the girl flying above the houses and the random objects flying all around her.  I think it looks just like these pendants, and I think I am going to draw my color inspiration from it.


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful images, great the way you put them together. It is amazing to me that you could sustain this complexity of a weekly post for almost a year. Congrats and keep on going so we can keep on reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I am a little amazed myself that I have been able to keep it up! I have really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the square links...the textures are awesome!
    Bead Happy!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete