October 2, 2010

Song Lore Saturday: Kiss Me

"Kiss me
Down by the broken tree house
Swing me
Upon its hanging tire
Bring, bring
Bring your flowered hat
We'll take the trail marked on your father's map"
Today's Song Lore inspiration is "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None The Richer.  I was thinking about playgrounds last month while I was doing the school and childhood themed Song Lore posts, and the memory of this song sprung to my head with the haunting "swing, swing" part that repeats through the song.  I watched the video and the singer reminded me of a pixie, like one of my fairy beads.  As I was fondling some of my Lumber Links and thinking about how I might hang it as a swing from the copper twig components I had, I received this in the mail from my friends at Ogilvie:
This Whim-Z Wire provided the perfect twisted "rope" pattern to make a swing from the Lumber Link!  I linked it all together with some earthy colored leaves also wired with the Whim-Z Wire. The whole piece paired with the song makes me think of being in love on a breezy autumn day.


Here is a video for Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer.



Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! That piece is very unique and just takes me back to the days of a tree swing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I absolutely love that song and this is perfect. I love this series that you are doing Melanie. So unique, so you. That is the perfect way to interpret your beautiful art into song. Thank you for the inspiration! Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love that song, and have ever since it first came out. Now I will be singing the sweet tune the rest of the evening. Your necklace is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so great - the necklace and the song... isn't it awesome when it all 'comes together'?

    ReplyDelete