October 19, 2010

More Antique Store Finds

 I took a few pictures of things I liked and things I bought while antique shopping.  Above, some of the vintage Halloween stuff that I love so much!  I think that little paper pumpkin was priced at $125 so I didn't bring him home, ouch.  I liked him and the super scary cat, too!
 This lovely Pachinko board was really fun!  I think it worked, the sign said the steel balls were inside.  I have never seen one in action in real life... I would like to play it someday.
 I picked up a few clock keys for necklaces, although there was some debate with my friends about the actual purpose of the large one.  It seems too big for a clock and is cast iron, I think.  Whatever it is, it's neat looking.  I also found these milk top tabs quite charming, especially the chocolate and coffee cream designs.
 I also bought this old box of Rook cards.  It has a bunch of cards, a very nice old instruction booklet with lots of illustrations on aged paper.  The bird on each card is really cool looking and there is a ton of ornament around the design.  Even the box cover is neat looking.  I spent $10 on it and I think I will get a lot of use out of all the parts.

And finally, I can't pass up the bins of greeting cards and papers.  I found some calling cards and christmas cards with lots of nice detail which were very inexpensive.  Oh, and a house paint advertising card (that's the house image in the center).

I had a really good time shopping around and Alex and I decided to take a trip to the big antique mall in Ohio next month for my birthday!  We will get a hotel and spend 2 days poking around.  That sounds like a great way to spend my birthday this year!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. LOOOOVE the cards! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Rook cards are amazing, Melanie! I wanna go shopping with YOU...

    ReplyDelete