October 4, 2010

Hipstamatic and Auntie's Sea Glass

 Today after taking my poor itchy doggie to the vet, I took her for a walk at the nature center, which makes her very happy.  I took along my new Ipod Touch and was playing with the new Hipstamatic app that I downloaded, which takes pictures to look like old film style photographs.  I really love it!  I made the collage above using one of the settings.  It's an old bench with some nice metalwork that sits in front of a wall of stacked stones near the pond.
The colors and textures of the picture reminded me of some beads I received from Auntie's Beads recently. Aren't these gorgeous?  They are strands of 8mm Red Marble Sea Glass,
6mm Black/Clear Marble Sea Glass Round Bead Strands.  I already busted into the nuggets and made something for magazine submissions and I am looking forward to using the others, too.  These are very smooth and matte beads and they look a lot like stone.  I really love them.


I also received some Sea Glass Round Bead Strands in the basics: 6mm Clear, 8mm White, and 6mm White. I often have difficulty designing with white and clear, but I am excited to try these out in something.  They have that great sea glass feeling to them, so I can't stop touching them... so that will probably make it easier to make something great!

*FTC compliance disclosure: the '*' items mentioned in this post credited to Auntie's Beads were provided as a promotional gift for review or design purposes.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment