September 16, 2010

Sneak Peek of New DIY Fair Work

  Here's a quick peek at some of the new pendants I am making for the DIY fair this weekend!  I started out with the ones below, stubbornly insisting on putting a handmade ceramic component in each one.  But I decided that they really didn't need the ceramic, and I was being foolish in forcing clay into each one.  Sometimes I get hung up on the fact that I am known as a "ceramic" artist and forget that I can make things without clay in them, too.  So once I threw that idea out the window, the creative process became a little easier and less of a struggle.  While I am a fan of working with self-imposed limitations and rules, sometimes they get in the way.
 
I've only got today and tomorrow left to get ready for the fair, plus I have shipping and orders to glaze, so I better get back to it!  Wish for clear skies and a busy weekend for me!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment