August 11, 2010

Viridis Machina


In the latest issue of Creative Jewelry, Andrew Thornton created a gorgeous necklace called Viridis Machina using a pendant of mine from the Toolbox Treasures collection.  I listed it on my website for anyone who is interested.
The resin experiments of yesterday were successful and I will photograph them later.  I also would like to get a coin battery and see if I can make some light happen!  It was fun to play around with different things yesterday, but today has been about getting back to work.  I have been glazing like a little machine and I am so tired of it.  But I only have one more set of beads to glaze and then we are all going out to dinner and for a brainstorming trip to Ikea!  I am ready to think about some fall projects like doing my bedroom.  But for now, back to work!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

5 comments:

  1. It was a real pleasure using this component in the piece. Ha ha ha... you said that you were glazing like a "machine"... you were glazing like a "machina"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe! yep, glazing like a machine... see what I did there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that piece by Andrew and loved it. Ikea, one of my favourite places. Unfortunately, I have to drive half a day to get to one. Hope you enjoy your Ikea trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not been to Ikea yet (need a passport to go to the closest one) Have a great time! Love Andrews piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep at it! Almost there! Can't wait to see the resin experiment.
    Enjoy the day, Melanie!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete