August 7, 2010

Song Lore Saturday: Robot Song (aka The Humans are Dead)

Lookie what popped up this week while I was playing around with my rivets and tiny nuts and bolts!  I wanted to do something Robot-y for Maker Faire but never got around to it.  After Faire, I was really inspired to do something robot themed.  This first one is very simple, but I have plans for much more complicated ones!  I wanted to do this sandwiched metal experiment.  There is red reflective tape behind the eyes/cheeks that really glows nicely.  I hope future ones will have gears that spin and parts that move. 

Today's Song Lore inspiration is the Flight of the Conchord's Robot Song.  It's a little NSFW, but really funny!


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! What a great robot face! Ooooooh, moving parts - yes please! That would be even more fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh oh oh --- I lovvvvve him!!! He is so handsome!

    You really, really have something there! Go with it.

    Oh, and he needs a name! :)
    Alesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Melanie, he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is really, really cute.

    ReplyDelete