August 8, 2010

Social Time and Extra Links

  I had a really great Sunday!  I started out with a little clay work in the morning and then finished up some yardwork.  The yardwork made me a little tired for the rest of the day, but I made progress on the yard, so I am happy.  I had declared today the day I would finish the wet clay work for my orders and for all of my Bead Fest stock, so I expected it would be a day spent alone working, but I was happily surprised with a house full of friends and social time while I worked.  We had a nice lunch out and then a delicious grilled dinner.  Even got some ice cream from the ice cream truck after dinner!  I ate too much but I feel very content and happy this evening.  I have one more set of pendants to make for my order and I am working on some of the Time Wheel toggles shown above for Bead Fest right now.  It's been a full day and I am going to sleep soundly tonight!

Hope you had a great weekend too!  Here are this week's Extra Links:
 
A Bead A Day
Lisa's exloring the concept of "happy jewelry"! Stop by and share your thoughts on expressing happiness in your jewelry designs. 

About.com Jewelry Making
Tammy has spotted several celebrities who have new jewelry lines and wonders what you think about this. 
 
Art Bead Scene
Art Bead Scene gets creative with storing supplies. 
 
  Beading Arts
Metal clay is a great material to have in your jewelry-making repertoire!
 
  Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi whips up a one hour brooch project with left over chain. 
 
Cindy Gimbrone aka The Lampwork Diva
Cindy learns that the fourth time can be a charm.  

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie's friend David Erik Nelson shares a free project from his upcoming book Snip, Burn, Solder, Shred...a stuffed Cthulhu sock toy!
 
Katie's Beading Blog
See 3 bloggers' ideas for painting metal, stringing crystals and making custom toggles using my new components. 
 
Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
Lorelei visits a cool lampwork artist in Atlanta, and tries her hand at making a bead. 
 
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean explains a bit more about "The Jean's List", an ongoing selection of her favorite jewelry designers selected from all types of jewelry! 
 
Strands of Beads
Melissa is giving away one of her new fine silver charms this week. Enter now! 
 
The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Offered up in this week's Thursday Giveaway is a pack of Katiedid Creative Components by Katie Hacker.  


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Once again I am so in love with your creativity!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great talent in art. Your creativity cannot be measured. I really adore your every work. Just like that bracelet that you made. It is so fascinating.

    ReplyDelete