August 12, 2010

Nailed

It's crazy busy glaze-a-thon day!  I am trying to get as much glazed and ready to fire today so I can enjoy ConStruct this weekend (though I will be bringing work there too, but fun work I can share with others).  I have to get all my stuff ready to leave on Wednesday for Bead Fest, which will be a challenge, because I have to pack a half booth of beads, display, and sales stuff for air travel, which is new for me. I am a little bit of a panicked mess, but I will get it together, somehow... I always do.
 
Just taking a break to blog while my lunch heats up.  I took the picture above in the neighborhood while walking the dog yesterday.  It is a light post that is filled with staples and nails, and I really like the look of it.  I think it has a sense of local history. I think of all the garage sale signs and lost dog notices were attached to this piece of wood over the years.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pic of the post! What a lot of history! Have a great weekend and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture. So much texture and history. Good luck this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a mold of sections of that lamp post would be so cool on your work. New textures. Yummee.

    ReplyDelete