August 16, 2010

Lorelei Eurto, Bead Fest, and a Blog Carnival


I did not yet mention that the always fabulous Lorelei Eurto had two projects featuring my beads in the latest issue of Creative Jewelry magazine.  I don't have scans or pictures of them to show you, but both use my steampunky gear themed beads like the one shown above.  Her pieces Key Elements and Gunmetal & Gears are both gorgeous and fun!  I am very excited about the possibility of meeting Lorelei in person in the next few days while at Bead Fest.

I had a really great time with my friends at Construct this past weekend!  There was all sorts of crazy fun: giant paper airplanes, a cupcake decorating contest, a custom made game of Family Feud, swimming and hot tubbing, games, crafting, and hanging out and relaxing.  It was a blast!  I had managed to get some big orders out and get pretty organized for Bead Fest before leaving, so I was in a good state to relax a bit.  
 
Yesterday and today I got together some more of the details for my trip including a new backpack that also has an extending handle and wheels so I can bring my beads for sale as a carry on.  I also found some great battery operated Ott Lights which will be great for a little extra lighting.  I set up my bead bowls and got them all labeled, and made a list for tomorrow.  I even have most of my laundry done.  I am surprisingly calm about this trip.
 
Tomorrow I will be taking part in a Blog Carnival to celebrate the latest issue of Stringing!  Michelle Mach is throwing this party and there will be links and prizes!  I will unveil the project I wrote for this issue and talk about the inspiration behind it.  I hope you will join us.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to meet you!!! Be prepared for a bear hug, I'm known for 'em! :) See you in a few days!! Let me know if you and Diane wanna meet up for dinner on friday night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! It is likely that we will, but we will be in town with no transportation, so we have to see about arrangements. Can't wait to see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to have so much fun. There are so many people going to this Bead Fest it seems. Wish I were one of them!
    Enjoy the day...and the trip!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! And have fun at Bead Fest! :D

    ReplyDelete