August 5, 2010

Gears in Motion

 Yet another project I designed for Interweave's Creative Jewelry!  This one is called Gears in Motion and has a nice hardware store feeling to it, I think.  A fancy hardware store, at least, hee hee. The hammered washers and rings with mini washers gives the necklace a lot of movement and the glass pearls make it very elegant.

I had a successful meeting with one of my galleries this morning!  She bought up almost all of the new Tinker Trinket pendants (thanks for the name Amy!) that I made for and during Maker Faire.  They were great sellers at the show, and I ended up making several in the booth to replenish stock as it sold.  I am very encouraged by this interest in the new work, because I have longed to get back to some of my metalworking techniques for many years now.  I started out as a jeweler in college, you know?  Many moons ago.  I am really eager to do more of this work, but for now I have to finish up orders and get some stock made for Bead Fest.  I am running out of time for Bead Fest though, as ceramics take so much time and firings.  I might end up making more of these mixed media pendants so I have something new to sell.  It's something to think about...how shall I best manage my time?
Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

5 comments:

  1. Great necklace, and you are absolutly right about that "sophisticated"-hardwarestore feeling:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful and congras? is that bead fest philly you are going to be at? i am going -

    ReplyDelete
  3. steufel, Thanks!

    marie, YES! We must meet up! I am going a couple of days early with my booth partner Diane Hawkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never stop amazing me! I love your work! I left you something on my blog!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete