July 9, 2010

A One in a Million Friend

Andrew Thornton is auctioning off this gorgeous necklace in remembrance of his friend Amelia Geocos who passed away at a young age in an accident.  The proceeds are going to a memorial scholarship in her name.  It is a really kind act from a friend, so I hope you will go take a look at his blog and read about his experience, and maybe put in a bid.

Today I did a little beading, which I haven't done in forever!  I made three necklaces and photographed them, but I got too tired to post them tonight.  They are part of the Art Beads blogger program and are inspired by summer beads.  I will be sure to post them next week.  It was good to do some beading, but I had to tidy up a bit before I could use the space, so that took some time.  The rest of the day I spent getting groceries, going to the gym, and spending time with my family.  Jeremy had a lot of stories about France to tell us and we celebrated his birthday with fancy pizza and cupcakes.  Tonight, I am thinking about glazing and loading a small kiln with new stuff, so I am trying to work up the energy...


 
Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting about the auction and about Amelia. She was a remarkable person. Having had her in my life changed it.

    Glad to hear you had such a productive day and that you got to hear some of Jeremy's stories about France. Sounds exciting from what I've read so far. And you got some lovely goodies, lucky girl, you!

    ReplyDelete