July 26, 2010

Disrepair

Architecture Charm and Links

Not much to say today.  I am feeling a bit defeated. Again. By this house.  Just when I thought things were starting to come together and I could be *gasp* optimistic about things, I get slapped with more reality.  I guess that is one of the consequences of living in an old house.  The repairs and needs of the house just never seem to get met, and I am once again overwhelmed.  It's just one thing after another, and I try to work hard on it, I really do, but I can only do so much and afford so much.  I spent most of the day running away from home, because I just couldn't deal with it anymore, but now I am back, and am going to try to get in a little work, which makes me feel better, before getting up early tomorrow and dealing with the latest house issue.  Bleh. Home ownership is highly overrated.

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

8 comments:

  1. Once again, these are oh so clever with a nod to Detroit decay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I guess one has to find beauty and inspiration in the urban decay, otherwise it would just make me sad

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mom says when you own a home,no matter the age you will always be repairing something..
    my old house needs everything..all at once..so i just put the blinders on and try to scratch one thing off the list at a time as i can afford it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the feel to the pendants you are working on Melanie… Sorry to hear about all the house stuff going on. Hope you get things patched up soon so you don't have to think about stuff like that anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need some poor babies and a margarita. ;) I have a 1913 and a giant sink hole appeared outside. Who knew that the kitchen and laundry room drained into the flowerbed? Not me. I feel so "green" but the plumbers have now re-routed it to the septic. That way it can fill up and need pumping sooner. (argh!) Hang in there! ;)

    I need more birdies from you but they will have to wait until I finish paying for the sink hole. Oh joy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, ouch! A sinkhole? That's awful! Sorry for you but that makes my house problems seem not so bad. :( Hang in there, yourself!

    Marsha, I can't imagine not thinking about this house stuff...there is so much of it. I have started thinking that I don't want to be a homeowner anymore. Condo or apartment life sounds pretty good.

    Spirited Earth, yeah I hear you. The super frustrating thing is when you cross something off your list and by doing that, it adds two or three things to your list. Grr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like that it is an old kind of stuff from Egypt. The design is amazing. I sad to hear that you have a problem but I know that you can surpass that problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch. I am reading all these horror stories when I am going over on saturday to sign paperwork on a house. Maybe I should run now

    ReplyDelete