July 23, 2010

Cluster

I have been busy working on orders and stock for Maker Faire as well as some tedious Real Life stuff that really takes a lot of energy out of me.  But the good news is that I have finished and signed all the paperwork for my refinance, which I hope will get finished soon.  After months of calling and researching and trying to figure this mortgage stuff out, I think my timing was just right for some new refinance programs, and I was able to get a good deal.  Just have to wait now and hope nothing goes wrong.  I really need for this chapter of my life to be over.
 
I made some new Detroit skyline pendants for Maker Faire and was so excited to get them fired, I put them in the kiln too soon and most of them exploded.  I feel stupid for having made such a beginner's mistake.  What, am I new here?  No, I guess just overly excited and in a time crunch.  I will get the 8 or so glazed and fired by morning and maybe I will love them so much that I will make a new batch.  It's hard not to be a little bummed about that time and work lost, especially because of such a mistake.
 
I made the necklace above a couple of weeks ago to show an example using some of the new ceramic Toggle Clasps that I have been making lately. I'm waiting on some pewter toggle bars to come in so I can list more!  The necklace is made of a bunch of chunky semi precious stones and pearls, in a variety of earthy and dusty grey colors.  I really like this color palette!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty!

    Refinancing can be a pain! Glad thats done for you!

    Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo, yay on the refi! Hope all closes smoothly...We just did our place and closed a week ago, with the notary at our dining room table at 9pm on a Monday night... such a relief :)

    ReplyDelete