July 16, 2010

Bead Chic Announcement!

Exciting News!  Margot Potter's newest book Bead Chic is now available on Amazon!  I am a contributor in this book, with two projects that I designed and my beads used in a couple of other artists' pieces. The necklace above is one of the pieces I made for Bead Chic. I have been really excited for this one to come out, because I love the concept behind it.  Each artist was asked to make a piece inspired by another piece of jewelry.  The point is to show how to be inspired without copying, which can be a really difficult task for new artists and beaders.  From Amazon: 

"Bead Chic will show you how to take inspiration that you love and forge your own creative path. After learning basic jewelry techniques, you’ll be launched into 36 gorgeous projects. Each project comes with a variation, so you’ll learn how easy it is to adapt virtually any project to suit your individual style, making you your own designer."
 
I'll show more about the pieces I made and the pieces that inspired them soon, as well as giving a full review and giveaway as soon as I get my hot little hands on the books!  Grab yourself a copy now, it is bound to be an excellent book, as Margot is the queen of beading!

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

3 comments:

  1. I just love your creations! It must be hard to make something and then have to wait before you can share it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! This book is right up my alley. I already have it in my Amazon cart!
    Can't wait to see it.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete