July 12, 2010

Art Bead Artistry: Garden Gate Necklace

I recently picked out this lovely assortment of summery colored glass flower beads from Art Beads*. I have always had a fondness for pressed Czech glass beads and all the different colors and finishes that are available. Art Beads has many different styles of Czech glass beads in shapes that I love like flowers, leaves, and shells.
My assignment was to make something summery, so I picked out some bright yellows and oranges and paired them with more mottled pinks and earthy yellows.  I have a hard time working with such bright colors, so I muted them down with one of my Lumber links and some bronze colored pearls and brass.
I think this still has a summery feel with the warm colors and the flower imagery.  It was another good challenge for myself!  Check back tomorrow to see another design I made using Art Beads' stock!


 
 *FTC compliance disclosure: the '*' items mentioned in this post credited to Art Beads were provided as a promotional gift for review or design purposes.
 
Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Those czech glass beads were obviously made to go with your focal and clasp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your focal and clasp are perfect for this garden! I am so partial to your birds! What a beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lumber link and toggle work well together with the multicolored flowers. Love your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the colors. And I'm so glad I discovered your blog. You have lots of fun stuff to peruse....

    ReplyDelete