June 25, 2010

The Owl and the Oak

A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can’t we all be like that wise old bird?
Here are two pretty poor pictures of the class I am teaching today for the Great Lakes Beadworkers Guild.  It's full of a million (ok, 60) wire wrapped glass dangles which we will be busily making today in this 6 hour class.  I loved picking out all the glass beads in the brown and ivory and green tones to go with the owl.  I was also very excited to have created the Lumber links and toggle for this piece.  I also created another new pendant design for this, in response to one of my students asking if I could do a kitty for the pendant instead.  They are mighty adorable, I must admit.  But you will have to wait until tomorrow to see them!  I plan to take pictures of my class and some better shots of this necklace to show you too.  Time to get wire wrapping!



 
Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

9 comments:

  1. What a simply wonderful necklace youve made!
    Its so wonderful..did I say wonderful..well it really is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning necklace. I'm still trying to perfect my wire wrapping skills so I'm very envious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! It was fun to see it in the works at B & B. Makes me inspired to use the wood piece I purchased!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous piece! Really really fabulous:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a Charles De Lint novel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous project Melanie! What lucky students you have. The poem is a wonderful touch. Makes the piece even more magical!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love this one! Have fun with your class!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how wonderful! I love that poem too.

    ReplyDelete