June 21, 2010

The Battle of the Back Yard

 This is another bracelet I designed that is in the current issue of Stringing Magazine.  It's full of my natural colored Terra Trinkets and Tierracast pewter charms and Vintaj brass rings with a single filigree bead and a Green Girl clasp... some of my favorite things!  I wanted this to resemble a seashore woodland pond, if that makes any sense.  Kind of like the woody path that my brother and I walked along when we were in the Bahamas.  It's got shells and birds and leaves and lillypads all mixed up together!  It's a feast of natural elements!

Alas, in reality, nature is mocking me.  This happens every year at this time... I get absorbed for about 3 weeks for Bead & Button, barely leaving the studio while getting ready, and then being at the show for 5 days, and then a week recovering... and when I go outside, the weeds and overgrowth has taken over.  It is overwhelming again and too hot for me to care anymore.  So I surrender, Back Yard, for another year! *sigh* Maybe my attention is best spent inside on cleaning up and a new home improvement project.

 
Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Very fun and funky! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just made this exact lament this morning..the yard..what happend back there..and it's HOT..so my vow is to spend 30 mintues each evening on one section at a time...it will add up, i've been told by my friend..we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bracelet is beautiful!

    I'm the same way with my garden. Spring rolls around and I have visions of a garden full of bright flowers. Then life catches up with me and sweeps me away. The next thing I know the garden is full of weeds, the flowers are wilted, and frustrated, I give up--until the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete