May 11, 2010

Squares and Fears

 I have recently made a bunch of these fun square link pairs and listed them on Etsy. They are small links with two holes which would be perfect for earrings, bracelets, or to accent some larger art beads.  The have a bit of an industrial feel, with the metallic colors and hardware parts stamped into them.  I hope to make a bunch more of these (in round too) for the Bead & Button show, which I am starting to stock up for lately.
 I had a nice quiet afternoon at home today. It was raining and quiet, which was welcomed because I had a very frantic morning.  I had my blood drawn at the doctor's office for my first physical in too many years.  I have a severe needle phobia, so it was hard for me to make the appointment, but I did it!  I am rather proud of myself, working through the fear.  It left me exhausted most of the rest of the day, but I curled up on the couch, played with some clay, watched some movies, and recovered. I worked until I ran out of clay (boo!) so tomorrow I will have to reprocess some so I can keep working.  I am definitely ready for bed now.
 
Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand the needle phobia. I have/ had one myself. But I had to go have acupuncture a month ago. I think that I managed to beat it. At least to the extent that I have decided to get a tattoo for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete