May 22, 2010

Song Lore Saturday: I Feel It All

Today's Song Lore inspiration is "I Feel It All" by Feist.  This song is a little sad, but it fills me with hope.  To me, it is about the end of a relationship that has ended because it was the best thing to do, even though it was painful.  But I think it is also about letting yourself open up to new love and experiences, getting past the pain and sadness, and learning from your mistakes.  And not being afraid to actually feel the pain and sadness to get through it.

"I feel it all, I feel it all
The wings are wide, the wings are wide"  
Clearly, it is the wing imagery from this song that has inspired me.  I made the pair of wings above as the inspiration for another song. As soon as people started seeing them finished and glazes, they were asking if I would sell pairs of wings that could be linked together, which I intended to do from the start.  Something like the pair of wings below; the first pair made as a custom order.  But I thought it would be fun to have a pendant that had the wings already joined, so I took a pair of wings made in wet clay and melded them together to make a new design.  The carving was a little large, so I fired it hot to shrink it down, and I am hoping it will be a more manageable size when I mold it.  I think there is a lot of potential for this new pendant too, including several options for hole placement and the idea of adding another molded element to the center to give it wings!
"Fly away
Fly away to what you want to make"


 
Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you put the music to the way you are feeling and using it as the inspiration. I dig this mama..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this blog! xox jean

    ReplyDelete