May 8, 2010

Song Lore Saturday: Heart of the House

Just a quick Song Lore post today...I have a busy day ahead!  We are throwing Skennedy a bachelor party and there is much to do.  Today's Song Lore inspiration is the song Heart of the House by Alanis Morrisette.  It is a good choice for the weekend, because it is a very heartfelt ode to mothers, and Mothers Day is tomorrow!  There are lyrics in this song that have reminded me of my own mother, and my grandmother too.

To celebrate this song, I took a pretty literal interpretation: houses with a heart dangling in a window.  I think I made the hearts too big, though, so I might have to remake them.  Making houses is a pretty natural progression in my recent work.  I made a few recently and I really loved the birdhouse I made for another Song Lore post, so I am really enjoying these new ones.


"do you see yourself in my gypsy garage sale ways?
in my fits of laughter?
in my tinkerbell tendencies?
in my lack of colour coordination? "




 
Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

2 comments:

  1. I love these, when are they going in the shop. The glaze will look so pretty on those textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool are these!!! I am having a Giveaway at my humble little blog...please come by...Cynthia

    ReplyDelete