May 5, 2010

Random Errands and Extra Links

Still recovering from the convention weekend, but I was able to get out to do a bunch of errands today.  I did some important stuff to get ready for the wedding at the end of the month.  I finally found a strapless bra and dropped the dress off at the seamstress for alterations.  I was very happy with that and was contemplating the next thing: shoes.  My mom mentioned she had a pair just like the ones I wanted, so I tried them on and they fit!  So yay, no shoe shopping for me!  I am not a very girly girl, as I actually hate things like shopping for underwear and shoes. I am very glad to get those things done, so we can plan more fun wedding stuff for Skennedy and Lucy.
Work-wise, I got a chance to squish clay today!  I made the rest of the orders I had to do and made a little extra.  This month, I really need to step up the clay work and get stock made for the Bead & Button Show.  It will be here before I know it, eep!  I listed a couple of items, like the set above, on Etsy and will try to do some more everyday, as they are piling up.  Oh, and here are last week's Extra links that I didn't get to post on Sunday:
A Bead A Day
Do you ever find beads in your own collection that you forgot you had?

About.com Jewelry Making
ISchool is in session, or at least, it will be when you sign up for one of these free copper clay e-courses.

Art Bead Scene
Art Bead Scene's newest member opens her heart and shares how she feels about the Art Bead Scene. Maybe you feel the same?

Beading Arts
Here's a quick little tutorial on how to create a barnacle texture with seed beads!

Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva
Spring is the time for new life and new charms at Cindy Gimbrone Beads.

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie spreads her wings and designs a new pair of carvings to be made into pendants.

Strands of Beads
Melissa uses lava beads to help teach her son about volcanoes

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Andrew shares his trip to Denver for the Rocky Mountain Bead Society's Bead Bazaar.


 
Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. great! you've been very productive. Do send my congratulations to Skennedy and Lucy by the way.

    ReplyDelete