May 27, 2010

Peek at Production and New Colors

Here is a look at some of the pieces I have made for production for the Bead & Button Show.  These are all going to be Raku fired.  I decided on house pendants and little square pair links that go nicely with them.  I tested enough to know that I think I can pull this off, so I jumped in and am taking a bit of a risk.  I really hope people like these!  I will show you some finished houses tomorrow, and if you are interested, I might even list some on Etsy before I take them to the show.  Let me know if you are interested, ok?
These are tests of some of my underglazes fired Raku style. They are much brighter and are more consistent than the Raku glazes, which will make a nice contrast, I think.  They capture some of the smokiness and have some depth, but will be really bright against some of the crusty metallic finishes.  I am very excited to start using these color combinations in the next firing!

 
Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. You must be getting excited! People are going to love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the new colors! perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool - I like that you gave us a sneak peak at the production.

    ReplyDelete