May 28, 2010

New House Pendants and 999 Blog Posts

So here are some pictures of the new Enjoyment House Pendants. They are one of my big new items for the Bead & Button Show, but I am previewing them for you in my Etsy shop.  Each one is unique and not able to be reproduced, so if you see one you like, get it now!  I called them Enjoyment Houses because "Raku" means "enjoyment" when translated. Oh, and the blogging team over at the Beads of Clay blog wrote a post about different Raku techniques (including mine). So check it out if Raku interests you!

So I have a kind of big announcement to make!  Today's post is my 999th post here on this blog.  Can you believe it?  I started this blog early in the new year of 2005, obviously the result of some business new year resolutions. There have been some times where I have posted nearly every day for months on end, and some times when I haven't posted anything at all for months.  In the last couple of years, it has become a part of my daily routine to blog.  I have used this space to pimp my business, toot my horn, whine and complain, and share my joys and sorrows.

And as I am closing in on my 1000th blog post, I also happen to be closing in on my 1000th Etsy sale. I don't know if that is a coincidence of if the two are related, but it seems like a good round and arbitrary number to celebrate!  I am planning a couple of special things for the blog and etsy shop to celebrate in the next couple of weeks while I get ready and am off at Bead & Button, so keep checking back!  See you tomorrow for post 1000!

 
Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

6 comments:

  1. You ahead and pimp and toot...you do it soooo well!! Love the houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 999th post! That is way cool. Love the house pendants, they are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wa--hooooo! Congrats on the post--and the etsy sales!
    I'll be stopping by your booth at B and B.
    Have a happy and safe holiday weekend.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE them, and congrats! I hit 1000 this year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow 1000 posts and 1000 sales! Goodonya

    ReplyDelete