I am following up with a post I made the other day showing the process of these new wing pendants. I pressed the first set of them yesterday, and here they are, all sanded and ready to fly into the kiln for the bisque firing.
Unfortunately, I dropped one of the wing molds before I could even use it, so I had to remake it. I was able to use the other mold though! When I have both molds ready to use, I plan to make some wing links with a hole on each side. But for now, I have the one side of the wing as a pendant, and I will test out some glaze combinations.
I spent today driving all over metro Detroit (oh how I wish I could fly instead!). We had a few errands and I ran out of clay yesterday. It's production time, so I needed more asap. I have 75lbs of porcelain in the house now, so all is well. I even started to reprocess the last little bit of dry clay like a good girl (it's not one of my favorite jobs) and I will use that up tonight. I am looking forward to settling in and getting my hands dirty!