May 12, 2010

Flying Away

I am following up with a post I made the other day showing the process of these new wing pendants.  I pressed the first set of them yesterday, and here they are, all sanded and ready to fly into the kiln for the bisque firing.
Unfortunately, I dropped one of the wing molds before I could even use it, so I had to remake it.  I was able to use the other mold though!  When I have both molds ready to use, I plan to make some wing links with a hole on each side.  But for now, I have the one side of the wing as a pendant, and I will test out some glaze combinations.
I spent today driving all over metro Detroit (oh how I wish I could fly instead!).  We had a few errands and I ran out of clay yesterday.  It's production time, so I needed more asap.  I have 75lbs of porcelain in the house now, so all is well.  I even started to reprocess the last little bit of dry clay like a good girl (it's not one of my favorite jobs) and I will use that up tonight.  I am looking forward to settling in and getting my hands dirty!

 
Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you could re-condition clay. Does that involve adding water and re-working it until it is usable? I find what you do very interesting :)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete