April 14, 2010

Trunk Show at Naka Tomorrow!


I have been busily getting ready for my Trunk Show at Naka in Ferndale tomorrow. I have been selling my work there for a number of years, and its the cutest gallery I have ever seen! It's full of indie crafts... a mix of handcrafted jewelry, handbags, tee-shirts, candles, men's gifts, housewares and baby goods.  They even have an assortment of cool socks that always tempt me (I love me some cool stripey socks).  I get to show up for the evening, set up a display of beads and jewelry, and meet some of the shoppers!  It's Third Thursday in Ferndale, so a lot of the stores are open late and there are extra special activities going on.

I am getting really excited for tomorrow, and am running across postings of the Trunk Show online, including a mention on the Handmade Detroit Blog!  I created a Facebook event page for it, which is something I have never done before, and I am hoping to see some old and new friends tomorrow! How fun!

While I did quite a bit of work today for the show, I was lured outside by the beautiful day to do some more of the major yardwork that Alex and I have been doing.  I took some pictures of the dreaded side fence (to be called Kludge Fence here on out)... wait until you see these pictures, its really impressive.  Maybe next week I will blog about the yard.  For now, I have a little more work to do before I fall into an exhausted heap into bed.


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment