April 12, 2010

Rings & Things Product Playtime: Pearls of Time

Remember the gorgeous Shell Pearls* that I blogged about ages ago?  The ones I got from Rings & Things? I finally worked them up into a necklace!  Pearls of Time, shown above, is made with a variety of my components in the pewter and white "oxidation" finish, with three colors of the shell pearls in two sizes.  I like the way the pink and subtle grey-blues soften the metallic shades of my components and give the industrial imagery a more antique and fancy feel. I really liked working with these shell pearls.  The quality is excellent and they have a nice weight and sheen to them. 
*FTC compliance disclosure: the '*' items mentioned in this post credited to Rings & Things were provided as a promotional gift as part of the Blog Partner Program. These items are for review or design purposes. Find out more about the Rings & Things Blog Partner Program


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

7 comments:

  1. mmmm...that is yumminess squared!
    I love the way the pearls really feel all metallic-y and complement your gears perfectly. Well done.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour combo, I think those shell pearls looks just perfect with the ceramics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!! I have been looking at that toggle in your shop since you first put it in there! What a great mix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good call, Melanie! Softening up Steampunk, this is a very fun look.

    --Dave
    at Rings & Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful necklace! I love the richness and the way you've incorporated so many delicious textures. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Antique and fancy is the perfect description for this rich in style necklace.

    ReplyDelete