April 2, 2010

Product Playtime: Sparkly Night Necklace

About a month ago, I received some beautiful pearls and sparkly glass from Rings & Things*.  I took the beads with me to the Madison show, and found some time to make a few pieces with them.  Tonight, I will show you the necklace I made with the sparkly glass, which I paired with some gunmetal links and chain and a filigree square finding, all of which came from Rings & Things.  While picking beads out from my handmade bead stock to go with them, I found myself having a hard time.  My current stock is pretty heavy on the earth tones, either the warm and woodland colors from my nature inspired designs or the rusty metallics from the steampunk lines.  I was lacking in jewel tones and blues and purples, which would have gone nicely with the sparkly glass.  So I went with jet black and a little bit of pewter.  I like it, actually... it has a kind of dark gothic look, maybe a little bit of Twilight inspiration here. Or maybe a little romanticized industrial look, with a little bit of old industrial, mixed with filigree, and some natural leafy details.

*FTC compliance disclosure: the '*' items mentioned in this post credited to Rings & Things were provided as a promotional gift as part of the Blog Partner Program. These items are for review or design purposes. Find out more about the Rings & Things Blog Partner Program

Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment