April 13, 2010

Product Playtime: Butterfly Shimmer

 I have one more necklace to show you that I made with the Shell Pearls from Rings & Things*. While this one looks simple, it was sort of hard to make.  At the Madison show, with all of my beads laid out in front of me, I searched for something to go with the peach and mauve pearls from the mix.  I noticed that almost everything I had was metallic and brown.  I managed to find one strawberry pink Lotus Butterfly pendant, which worked well with the pearls and some dyed silk ribbon that I had.  But it was tough finding that ONE piece that worked.  I think I need to remember this for the Bead & Button show... I need a bit more color in my wares at my booth.  I have been loving the rusts and pewters and earthy greens, but I think I do need some variety.  Anyway, I like the way this necklace turned out.  It's a little earthy with the silk and the subdued pearl colors, which it reminds me of little buds starting to flower on brown and green spring branches.
*FTC compliance disclosure: the '*' items mentioned in this post credited to Rings & Things were provided as a promotional gift as part of the Blog Partner Program. These items are for review or design purposes. Find out more about the Rings & Things Blog Partner Program


Melanie is an artist, blogger, writer, and ceramic beadmaker at Earthenwood Studio. Her beads and components can be found at her Etsy shop and her jewelry can be found in her Etsy Galleria. To comment on this post, visit the original post at the Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Blog.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely necklace. I like how the colors work together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Oh, did you see you won my Owl Giveaway? Send me an email with your address so I can send it to you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! It's nice to see those shell pearls "in action"--they really are pearly! Wonderful, subtle colors. Love how you used the ribbon--that mushroom tone made it extra interesting, it made the pastels moody. And that's hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the simplicity. Each component stands on it's own but blends well together.
    Bead Happy!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete